The automotive technical inspector assesses the operating condition of private vehicles (cars, vans and vans weighing less than 3.5 tonnes) and works in approved technical inspection centers (independent or affiliated with a national network). Its responsibilities are very important since it ensures the safety of motorists by attesting to the good condition of a vehicle. If mechanical problems are detected, the technical inspector must discover the cause and indicate the repairs to be carried out.
To become a technical controller, a specific training course is required. We then obtain approval from the prefecture. Prior training allows the acquisition of essential know-how:
• CAP of mechanic or bodybuilder
• CAP Maintenance of motor vehicles option industrial vehicles
• CAP Maintenance of motor vehicles option private vehicles
• CQP of technical controller
• Additional training of local initiative (FCIL) Technical controller
• Perform series of tests using measuring devices
• Write and sign a verification report (minutes) for each vehicle and establish the invoice.
• To share in a simple vocabulary the report of the state of the car
• To fix the dates of visits to the technical control of vehicles.
• Closely monitor changes in national regulations in terms of technical vehicle inspections.
• Rigorous and methodical
• Excellent knowledge in mechanics
• Mastery of computer technologies
• Sense of contact
• Sense of analysis and synthesis
• Physical endurance
Remuneration and benefits:
Salary: The technical controller starts with a salary of 1,400 euros gross per month.
A salaried automotive technical inspector has the possibility of becoming a team leader or a technical inspection center. With a large investment, the inspector can open his own control center or even an auto repair garage. Find other jobs in the « Maintenance, Inspection, Expertise, Mechanics, Bodywork » category: Automotive Expert Body Shop Manager Automotive Painter Receiver