main task of the Logistics Engineer is to manage material flows and related
information. It acts with a view to restricting costs, deadlines and
stocks. He can work in the heavy industry sector like aeronautics.
• Complete logistics management of the company
• Implementation of procedures
• Management of supplies, stocks and team
• Serve as an interface between the company, suppliers and customers
• Monitoring of accounts in the logistics department
• Research from reliable suppliers
• Organizational and planning
skills • Very good knowledge of business and financial imperatives
• Team management
skills • Very good analytical skills
• Proficiency in ERP software and EDI project management (Electronic Data Interchange)
• Perfect command of english
Various diplomas give access to the profession of logistics engineer, in particular the specialized Master to become Head of the global logistics chain, the Master in Industrial and logistics engineering or in Logistics Chain Engineering, the Master pro in Logistics Management and in Transport Engineering, or the Professional Master in Sciences and Techniques of Logistics Engineering.
At the start of their career, the Logistics Engineer earns an average of 38,500 euros gross per year, a salary which can reach 90,000 euros annually, with years of experience and seniority.
The role of Logistics Engineer generally gives access to the positions of Purchasing and Transport Manager, Supply Manager, Business Engineer or even Supply Chain Director .
• Logistics analyst
• Platform manager
• Flow and inventory management manager
• Logistics project manager
• Operations engineer
• Logistics assistant