Industrial pipefitter / piping technician
Solicited in various industrial sectors (aeronautics, food, chemistry, shipbuilding, metallurgy …), the piping technician creates piping networks from metal or plastic tubes. The works he realizes are used to transport liquid and gaseous fluids to their point of arrival.
• Identify the appropriate piping components for each project
• Prepare the piping components (tubes, accessories, fittings, etc.): measurement, layout, flow, flame cutting, bending, bending, etc.
• Pre-assembly (fittings, fixings) piping elements
• Check the tightness and resistance of the sub-assemblies created, and carry out the necessary alterations
• Reading of technical plans and industrial drawings
• Manual skill for the use of tools and machines (power tools, cutting and assembly)
• Mastery of computer-aided tracing tools
• Knowledge of quality standards and rules current security
• Technical know-how in thermal cutting, forming, assembly, surface treatment and sealing
The profession is accessible with a CAP in industrial boilermaking or construction of boilermaking assemblies. But recruiters are mainly looking for candidates with a bac or a bac +2 (bac pro implementation of materials or industrial boiler technician), bac techno STI materials engineering or BTS Foundry or Design realization in boiler making.
One or more Certificates of Fitness for Safe Driving (CACES) are generally requested in addition.
The beginner piping technician earns between 1,450 and 1,600 euros gross per month. The gross monthly salary of confirmed profiles who supervise a team is between 1,800 and 2,200 euros.
The operator having acquired more than 5 years of experience can progress to a position of team leader, workshop manager or even industrial designer draftsman.
• Plastic pipefitter
• Welding pipefitter
• Fitter pipefitter