Head of bodywork unit
Other names: Bodywork unit manager, Body shop manager
Within automotive construction companies, automotive and industrial bodywork suppliers, automotive distribution groups, etc., the bodywork unit manager is responsible for his production unit and coordinates the work of the bodywork technician teams.
To perform the duties of bodywork unit manager, technical expertise in sheet metal and boiler work is necessary:
• Professional baccalaureate in automotive vehicle maintenance
• CAP construction of sheet metal assemblies
• CAP metalwork
• BEP metal structures
• BTS industrial control and automatic regulation
• DUT in industrial engineering and maintenance
• DUT in mechanical and production engineering • Engineer
diploma from French engineering schools (Polytechnique, Centrale, INP, Arts et Métiers, Mines, ENSAM, INSA, etc.), mechanical, electrical and automatic engineering
• Communicate production objectives to teams through close communication with workshop and team leaders.
• Lead the teams.
• Manage the staff schedules of his unit.
• Ensure the administrative tasks of personnel management.
• Ensure the health and safety of the working environment.
• Ensure the smooth running of production and coordinate all the activities of the body shop.
• Automotive technical expertise.
• Taste for administrative tasks.
• Good knowledge of IT tools.
• Relational ease and advanced managerial skills.
• Sense of responsibility.
• Rigorous and methodical.
Remuneration and benefits:
Salary : The salary of the head of bodywork unit is between 2,200 and 2,600 € gross per month.
The head of bodywork unit can become a service manager and even progress to managerial positions in companies in the automotive sector.