Excellent manager of the company’s general services, the Facility Manager’s main mission is to ensure compliance with standards in terms of safety, hygiene, environment, and cost control, all in line with the needs of employees
The main missions of the Facility Manager are:
- Manage a team of qualified technicians
- Plan and organize the interventions of maintenance teams and service providers
- Define and monitor the needs of an establishment
- Develop and monitor the budget
- Enforce health and safety legislation
- Gather the main information and keep up to date the reports concerning the interventions for more visibility on the building,
The Facility Manager is the conductor of general services and equipment within a company. His position is very versatile; it intervenes in logistics as well as in matters relating to construction, security, or even personal service. He can be directly employed within a company or work for a company of Facility Management.
Role and missions of the Facility Manager
Excellent manager of the company’s general services, the Facility Manager’s main mission is to ensure compliance with standards in terms of safety, hygiene, environment, and cost control, all in line with the needs of employees .
Attachment of the Facility Manager
The Facility Manager is most often attached to the Managing Director, the Director of Real Estate or the Administrative and Financial Director.
Training and experience – the Facility Manager profile
Several diplomas allow access to the position of Facility Manager: BAC +2, BTS, or DUT building, but it is true that employers increasingly appreciate candidates with a BAC +5 level with a specialty in Facility Management. .
The essential qualities for the profession of Facility Manager:
- Technical knowledge in building maintenance as well as safety and environmental regulations
- Communication and availability to communicate easily with all employees but also with service providers
- Versatility, dynamism and responsiveness because he is often required to manage several projects simultaneously
In recent years, the job of Facility Manager has evolved towards more responsibilities because he must ensure the legal compliance of companies both in terms of budget, quality of services, employee well-being and environmental regulations. that never stop evolving.
The logical evolution of the Facility Manager after several years of experience takes place in the positions of Multi-site Manager in Facility Management or Real Estate Director.