At a repairing dealership or in a garage, the painter bodybuilder repairs or replaces the sheets and bumpers of vehicles and carries out the paint finishes on the damaged parts.
Other names: Bodywork Painter, Body Painter, Body Painter
To become a bodybuilder painter, professional training is a good springboard:
- CAP / Bac Pro body painting
- CAP / Bac Pro bodywork construction
- CAP body repair
- BEP bodywork
- Pro bodywork tray repair option
- BTS Design and production of bodywork
- Additional training in repair of automobile bodies
- Auto body repair methods
- Perform all bodywork and painting interventions
- Diagnose and repair deformations on a damaged or damaged vehicle.
- Assemble the sheets by welding, riveting and gluing
- Restore shape, in particular by dent removal, leveling and sanding on all types of bodywork.
- Replace bumpers or sheets in bad condition.
- Improve the quality of the repaired vehicle surface by puttying, sanding, and anti-rust coats.
- Prepare the paint and find the right shade.
- Apply the paint using a spray gun.
- Contribute to the quality of service expected from customers by ensuring the state of presentation of vehicles.
- Provide reliable and compliant vehicles and machinery in accordance with the company’s rules and instructions
- Respect the rules of hygiene and safety.
- Have a good knowledge of the materials and products applied for the treatment of surfaces.
- Master the work of metals, plastics, etc., and know the assembly processes.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Great manual skills and mastery of spray painting.
- Have a sense of aesthetics.
- Be rigorous and thorough.
Remuneration and benefits:
The painter bodybuilder starts with a salary of around € 1,600 gross per month.
Career developments :
With experience, the automotive bodybuilder can progress to the position of team leader or unit manager within automotive companies. He can also open his own garage for repair and bodywork.