The automobile expert works within insurance companies or as a self-employed person. Its role is to assess the technical condition and the value of a vehicle following an accident or a claim, or to advise its customers requesting it before buying a used vehicle.
To become an automotive expert, professional experience in the automotive industry is required. We can start with the following training courses:
• Professional baccalaureate in automotive vehicle maintenance, passenger car option
• BTS in automotive maintenance and after-sales, passenger vehicle option
• DUT in electrical engineering and industrial IT, electronics option
• DUT in mechanical engineering, automotive option
• Engineer’s degree from Estaca, for example after 1 to 3 years of experience (depending on the degree), you must then obtain the professional qualification diploma of automotive expert from professional bodies.
• Evaluate the damage suffered during an accident (or investigate the causes of a claim).
• Ensure that damaged vehicles conformed to safety standards and determine any technical responsibilities.
• Exercise its role of arbitrator in the event of a conflict between the parties.
• Establish the accountability of the parties involved.
• Set the amount of material damages.
• Write damage assessment reports.
• Automotive technical expertise.
• In-depth knowledge of the legislation (insurance, civil liability, highway code, etc.).
• Excellent notions of the value of a vehicle (argus, automobile cost, motorcycle, etc.).
• Taste for administrative tasks.
• Diplomat with good interpersonal skills.
• Great availability.
Remuneration and benefits:
The salaried automobile expert starts at around 1,800 euros gross per month. As a self-employed person, he can earn around 3,500 euros gross monthly.
Career development :
the automotive expert can follow additional training allowing him to progress to quality manager positions within companies in the automotive sector. Find other professions in the “Maintenance, Inspection, Expertise, Mechanics, Bodywork” category: Auto mechanic Bodywork Painter Controller Automotive technology Quick service operator Receiver