The automobile expert works within insurance companies or as a self-employed person. Its role is to assess the technical condition and the value of a vehicle following an accident or a claim, or to advise its customers requesting it before buying a used vehicle.
To become an automotive expert, professional experience in the automotive industry is required. We can start with the following training courses:
• Professional baccalaureate in automotive vehicle maintenance, passenger car option
• BTS in automotive maintenance and after-sales, passenger vehicle option
• DUT in electrical engineering and industrial IT, electronics option
• DUT in mechanical engineering, automotive option
• Engineer’s degree from Estaca, for example after 1 to 3 years of experience (depending on the degree), you must then obtain the professional qualification diploma of automotive expert from professional bodies.
• Evaluate the damage suffered during an accident (or investigate the causes of a claim).
• Ensure that damaged vehicles conformed to safety standards and determine any technical responsibilities.
• Exercise its role of arbitrator in the event of a conflict between the parties.
• Establish the accountability of the parties involved.
• Set the amount of material damages.
• Write damage assessment reports.
• Automotive technical expertise.
• In-depth knowledge of the legislation (insurance, civil liability, highway code, etc.).
• Excellent notions of the value of a vehicle (argus, automobile cost, motorcycle, etc.).
• Taste for administrative tasks.
• Diplomat with good interpersonal skills.
• Great availability.
Remuneration and benefits:
The salaried automobile expert starts at around 1,800 euros gross per month. As a self-employed person, he can earn around 3,500 euros gross monthly.
Career development :
the automotive expert can follow additional training allowing him to progress to quality manager positions within companies in the automotive sector. Find other professions in the « Maintenance, Inspection, Expertise, Mechanics, Bodywork » category: Auto mechanic Bodywork Painter Controller Automotive technology Quick service operator Receiver